November 6, 2009

Shapes of things to come?

Possibly!

And welcome to GLOWvember - which will henceforth be referred to as NOvember - as there will be NO GLOWing going on...as I don't know how that would be possible...atleast in the way I'm thinking - aaaaaaaaanyway - let's never speak of my desperate attempt to follow the altogether tremendous SHOCKtober with another nifty month - that failed.

So anyways, November - and here's something that's gone on this month so far - a possible vision into the future! Here is some concept art that I've submitted as I vie for a possible future job which shall remain undisclosed until it happens - if it happens...leaving you here with tantalising visions and many questions!

But not to get ahead of myself - it started with a little girl called Ruby - whom I had to design.

But where to begin - well obviously with the only human I know of called Ruby (I know of a dog, but that was clearly useless) - hence, this Ruby!

Also, in my online wanderings I'd come across the work of Emmanuelle Walker, by way of her wondrous little short "Apres La Pluie".


The following two designs of hers also helped me get going (note the dainty red circles I've drawn on her sketches, helping you, the reader, identify that I liked the hair on these girls! And the face on the girl in the second image).

And so here's the little path I followed to get to Ruby and her little brother - both inspired, fashion-wise, by Enid Blyton books - it's relevant to the project in a homage-y way - the project of which I can say nothing about!

And last but not least - the sample spread!

Make of it all what you will and remember - you know nothing of this...for now!

And now go watch Apres La Pluie.

2 comments: